Once you have completed your college search, you are almost ready to apply.
Create a College List
- Recommended: No more than 8 colleges including 2 reach schools (20% or less chance), 2 schools where you are likely to be admitted (75-80%), and 2 safety schools (95% or higher).
- Safeties: Make sure your safety schools are places you would be happy to attend. There is no point applying to a school just because you know you will be accepted if you will be miserable attending it.
- Make sure your guidance counselor approves your list before you start applying