College for ME-Androscoggin provides a variety of services to foster an education-oriented culture in our community:
- Work with schools, employers, community leaders, and residents to develop and enhance a college-going culture.
- Facilitate greater communication and collaboration between high schools, adult education programs, community colleges, and universities on matters relating to college readiness, admissions, retention, and degree attainment.
- Coordinate enrollment of high school juniors and seniors in early college classes.
- Develop and coordinate a College Preview experience for qualified GED completers and adult learners in College Transition Programs.
- Promote access to Aspirations Labs at individual schools, at USM LAC’s LearningWorks, and at other sites through our Portable Aspirations Lab.
- Communicate to interested parties trends in college admissions; the gender gap in aspirations and achievement; and other issues relating to college aspirations, matriculation, and completion.
- Share Best Practices within the county related to increased aspirations and college enrollment across the state and nation.
- Host informational programming such as K-12 counselor and superintendent breakfasts, Career and College Fairs for adult learners, and resource workshops for other groups of potential students.
- Celebrate higher education attainment success through a variety of events and programming.